How do every house, every industry, every facility, and every other public building get water to use? It is basically possible through pipes. Pipes make the availability of water easy and omnipresent.
Now, insulation is a paramount factor when it comes to pipes. Pipe insulation is thermal or acoustic insulation used on pipework. So it comes as no surprise when there is an increasingly demand for insulation and pipe laggers. However, quality is another factor which is to be taken into account. If insulation is not done properly, it can often leading to freezing of water or bursting of pipes.
LGP Insulation offers insulation contracting to the building and service industries. With over 20 years of experience to their credit, pipe lagging in Melbourne are specialized in soundlag 4525c, heating and cooling insulation, cladding services food as well as mechanical industries. LGP Insulation is an EBA listed company thereby enabling them to take on any size project. They excel in services of lagging and cladding for all pipeworks. The services include the following:
- Heating and cooling insulation (chilled water, hot water and steam)
- Specialisation in soundlag 4525c
- Cladding to the mechanical and food service industries
- Acoustic insulation of waste pipes on residential properties
The factors influencing performance are:
- Thermal conductivity
- Surface emissivity
- Water vapour resistance
- Insulation thickness
- Level of moisture
Pipe insulation materials are available in a large variety of forms in the market of which the following are mostly used ones:
- Mineral wool – Inorganic strands of mineral fibre that is bonded together by the use of organic binders. Ideal for industrial pipework operating at high temperatures.
- Glass wool – A high temperature fibrous insulation material, same as mineral wool. Ideal for thermal and acoustic applications.
- Flexible elastomeric forms – Flexible, close-cell, rubber foams based on NBR or EDPM rubber. Ideal for refrigeration and air conditioning pipework, as well as heating and hot-water systems.
- Rigid Foam – Made from rigid Phenolic, PIR or PUR foam insulation. Because of its low thermal conductivity values, energy saving legislations are taken care of with a reduced thickness.
- Polyethylene – A flexible plastic foamed insulation which is used for domestic pipes in order to prevent freezing of water and to reduce heat loss from heating pipes
- Cellular Glass – Glass manufactured primarily from sand, limestone and soda ash
- Aerogel – An aerogel blanket is wrapped around the pipework, thus acting as insulation.
The advantages of pipe lagging and insulation include less expenditure on utility bills and easy everyday use as you don’t need to wait for long for the hot water to reach the fixtures in your kitchen or bathroom. If condensation is left unchecked, it eventually leads to corroding of pipes and fittings causing a massive failure. This can be prevented by using insulation on the pipes.
LGP Insulation, operating in Victoria, has an impeccable track record of delivering quality workmanship that is not just cost effective but also time effective. The two main tools of any successful business ventures are experience and quality, and LGP Insulation has both these tools in the belt. Get a quote today!